Call or schedule a call back to find out how we can help you today.
Frequency Of Treatment
Weekly for 6-12 weeksCall Now
Erectile dysfunction is a misunderstood condition that affects millions of men. Often ED is never diagnosed because men are too embarrassed to talk about it and never seek treatment. As a result, erectile dysfunction can lead to relationship problems and affect a man’s self-esteem.
The good news is that there are ED treatments available. At Cryo Body Doc Medical Aesthetics in Oakton, Virginia, Dr. David Allingham, MD MS, provides expert diagnosis utilizing noninvasive treatments, including SHOCKWave therapy, to improve circulation and fix erectile-dysfunction symptoms. Book online or call us today for a consultation at (703) 255-1191.
Defining Erectile Dysfunction
The Urology Care Foundation defines erectile dysfunction (ED) as “trouble getting or keeping an erection that’s firm enough for sex.” It can happen at any age but is more common in men over 40. While it’s true that psychological factors, such as stress, anxiety, or depression, can contribute to erectile dysfunction, most cases are caused by a physical condition.
Some signs of erectile dysfunction include:
- Difficulty getting an erection
- Difficulty maintaining an erection
- Reduced interest in sex
What Causes Erectile Dysfunction?
Several physical conditions can contribute to erectile dysfunction, these include:
- Poor blood flow: One of the most common causes of ED is poor circulation. This can be the result of conditions like atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries), diabetes, or high blood pressure.
- Damage to Nerves: Nerve damage from conditions like Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, or spinal cord injury can also lead to ED.
- Hormonal Imbalance: Low levels of testosterone can contribute to ED. Testosterone levels can decrease with age or as the result of conditions like obesity, diabetes, or certain medications.
- Peyronie’s Disease: This condition is caused by the buildup of scar tissue in the penis, which can cause the penis to curve when erect.
- Certain Medications: Some medications, such as those used to treat high blood pressure or depression, can cause ED.
- Injury: An injury to the pelvis, such as from prostate surgery or a hip fracture, can cause ED.
- Obesity or lack of exercise: Both can lead to poor circulation, which can lead to ED.
- Smoking: Smoking damages blood vessels and can lead to ED in men as young as 20.
- Heart disease: Men with heart disease are more likely to have ED.
How Does SHOCKWave Work?
Shockwave therapy (acoustic wave therapy) has been around for years to treat conditions like plantar fasciitis and Achilles tendonitis. This effective, non-invasive treatment is now available to treat erectile dysfunction and improve sexual function with stronger, more sustainable erections.
ShockWave is a form of Low-Intensity Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy (LI-ESWT). LI-ESWT, or acoustic-wave therapy, has been used to treat various stages and types of ED for over 15 years.
Shockwave therapy uses high-frequency sound waves to improve blood flow to the penis by stimulating new capillary development and breaking up micro-plaque buildup in blood vessels. The soundwaves trigger the release of growth factors and activate dormant stem cells to generate new blood vessels and cell growth.
The treatment is non-invasive and only takes 30 minutes. No pain or downtime is associated with Shockwave therapy; most men see results after just a few sessions.
Is SHOCKWave Therapy Effective?
ShockWave therapy has been proven to be an effective treatment of erectile dysfunction in numerous clinical studies.
- Measured improvements have been reported for patients with ED after using LI-ESWT, in both the International Index of Erectile Function (IIEF) and Erection Hardness Score (EHS). These claims are supported by a meta-analysis review of 9 studies involving 637 patients. All of the randomized controlled trials were published from January 2005 through 2017.
- In one study, over 80% of men treated with shockwave therapy saw significant improvement in their ability to maintain an erection. Patients also reported increased satisfaction with their sex life and decreased anxiety about their ED.
Am I a Good Candidate?
SHOCKWave therapy is a safe and effective treatment for erectile dysfunction in many cases. It is used to treat men of all ages, including those with diabetes or who have undergone prostate surgery. SHOCKWave therapy is an effective treatment for both mild and severe ED.
Some questions you may ask your physician about ED and shock wave therapy include:
- What specific treatment do you suggest for me?
- What are the pros and cons of treatment?
- How many sessions will I need?
- What happens if the treatment isn’t effective?
- What lifestyle changes could I make to help the issue?
A Safer Alternative to ED Drugs
ED drugs like Viagra, Cialis, and Levitra are the most common treatment for erectile dysfunction. However, these drugs have several potential side effects, including headache, flushing, upset stomach, and vision changes. In rare cases, ED drugs can cause priapism (a prolonged and painful erection lasting more than 4 hours). Shockwave therapy is a safe alternative to drugs without the harmful side effects and temporary improvements that they offer.
SHOCKWave Therapy in Oakton, VA
If you’re looking for a safe and effective treatment for erectile dysfunction and want to improve your sexual health, ShockWave therapy may be right for you. Visit Cryo Body Doc Medical Aesthetics today to book a consultation with Dr. Allingham. He will discuss your options and develop a treatment plan that’s right for you. We are located at 2915 Hunter Mill Rd Ste 11, Oakton, VA. To book an appointment, call (703) 255-1191 or fill out the contact form.
If SHOCKWave isn’t suitable for you, he offers other nonsurgical treatments, including shockwave therapy, acoustic therapy, and P-Shot® therapy. If you live in the areas of Oakton VA, Arlington VA, Alexandria VA, or Washington DC and are looking for SHOCKWave treatment, contact us today!
Frequently Asked Questions
Does SHOCKWave really work?
Yes! SHOCKWave is a clinically proven, effective treatment for erectile dysfunction. In multiple studies, SHOCKWave has been shown to improve erectile function in men of all ages.
Is SHOCKWave covered by insurance?
No, SHOCKwave is not currently covered by insurance.
How long does SHOCKWave last?
SHOCKWave treatment has been shown to be a long-lasting treatment for erectile dysfunction. The effects of therapy usually last 2 to 3 years.
Does SHOCKWave increase size?
There is no documented increase in size or length. Some men who undergo shockwave therapy may report an increase in size, but this may be due to an increase in blood flow and not a true increase in size.
Is it only for treating ED symptoms?
No, shockwave therapy can be helpful for any man looking to enhance performance in the bedroom.
Schedule Online or Call Today!
Learn more about SHOCKWave therapy and how it can restore your erection.